Please The Palate Newsletter April 2019

Spring is here! Days are getting longer and I only wish that meant there was more time each day to get things done. It seems like time just flies by as we are already entering the fourth month of the year. It’s been a very busy start to the year getting ready for back to back events this spring. I hope you can join us at one or more of them! And, I hope you enjoy some of the winemaker interviews and stories that have been written over the past three months.

Upcoming Events

Effervescence LA
May 3-5, 2019
The premier Champagne & sparkling wine event in America

Krug Collector Dinner
Friday, May 3rd, 7:00pm
71 Above (633 W. 5th Street, 71st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071)
$1750 per person

Grand Champagne Tasting
Saturday, May 4th, 12pm-4pmThe Line Hotel (3515 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010)
$250 per person
Includes Complimentary Master Classes featuring Krug, Bollinger, Ayala and Fromage de France
Save $15 with the code PTPGC15

Gala Dinner with chefs Nancy Silverton, Dominique Crenn & Suzanne Tracht
Saturday, May 4, 2019, 7:00pm
Jar (8225 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048)
$500 per person

More Bubbles Brunch at Hedley & Bennett with Chef Nancy Silverton
Sunday, May 5th, 11:00am – 3:00pm
Hedley & Bennett (3864 South Santa Fe Avenue, Vernon, CA 90058)

$125 per person
Save $10 with the code PTPMB10

Packages:
Tastings Package ($325 per person)
What’s better than bubbles? More bubbles! Enjoy the Grand Champagne Tasting and the More Bubbles Brunch with Chef Nancy Silverton for a discounted price.

Full Festival Package ($2500 per person)
Can’t decide which exciting Effervescence event to attend? Go to all of them! The Effervescence Full Festival Package includes the Krug Collector Dinner, the Grand Champagne Tasting, the Gala Dinner, and the More Bubbles Brunch. Cheers!

Click here to purchase tickets

*****

The Seven % Solution
For The Love Of The Grape
Sunday, June 2, 2019, Los Angeles
More details coming soon

A wine tasting event celebrating grape varietal diversity in California. Eight grape varieties make up 93% of California’s vines. The remaining 7% of grape varieties are championed by a small but steadfast force of winemakers. This is the opportunity to taste the wines made from this 7% and celebrate varietal diversity in California as 40 outstanding California wineries, 150 wines, and over 70 grape varieties are showcased.

*****

Vintage Hollywood
Saturday, June 8, 2019, 6:00pm
at private estate in Bel Air, in West Los Angeles

2019 marks the 18th year of Vintage Hollywood. Vintage Hollywood is a non-profit foundation formed to raise funds to support charitable organizations, both large and small, that work to promote the health and well-being of Southern California’s diverse community. Since 2002, the Vintage Hollywood event has raised more than $3,700,000 to benefit organizations including Children’s Action Network, JDRF, Save the Children, United Friends of Children, OPCC and The People’s Concern.

The beneficiary for the 2019 Vintage Hollywood event will be the GO Campaign. GO Campaign invests strategically in solution oriented, community-based and under-funded organizations that address the root causes of problems affecting vulnerable youth. GO Campaign identifies deserving local heroes throughout the world and partners with these organizations to provide children and young adults with critical services, resources and needed opportunities. The GO Campaign works with a number of local Los Angeles area grassroots “heroes” who run programs that give opportunities to vulnerable children and youth (under age 25). There are a variety of LA programs that GO has vetted, works with and gives grants to that benefit children in our community. It is these LA area programs/grantees that Vintage Hollywood will support.

Read the full Please The Palate April 2019 Newsletter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *